11/05/2011

Love Rain Down Music Video



Latest project: music video for Derrick N. Ashong & Soulf├Ęge: Love Rain Down. Johnny meets the devil at the crossroads and confronts the past. Incredibly tight deadline of August to October, I was thirsty for character animation and I got it. After Effects 2D puppetry and Flash animation makes for a great combination in such a situation and I was all to happy to make use of my skills as best as I could. It was an incredible experience and I'm grateful for Derrick N. Ashong, Matey Odonkor and Soulf├Ęge for choosing me to translate their ideas and create their video!

Style Guide
I gathered a lot of material inspiration for the guide but alas, many things just couldn't be included because of detail and time-constraints.



Concepts
Because there was a ton of stuff, I'll just present the Devil, but I might show more later. He was mostly inspired by Pieter Hugo photographs of South African's with hyena "pets" and a little bit of Lenny Kravitz:




No comments: