7/12/2011

James Gurney and My Dad work together on Stanley The Robot

Hell Yeah! My dad, Lawrence Elig, just finished a robot sculpture for James Gurney, creator of Dinotopia and illustrator extraordinaire.
My father's and Jame's work will be on display at the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, Massachusetts for their Robot Nation series. Opening Reception 4pm this Saturday, the 16th.
I don't think Mr. Gurney would mind if I post some links to his wonderful article on the making of Stanley. Just refreshing props. Read about the process here on Jame's blog

2 comments:

James Gurney said...

Look forward to meeting you and your dad soon! (and Stanley).

Nice robot sketches on your blog, by the way!

Brian Elig said...

Thank you, James! Looking forward too. I grew up with your books and was deeply inspired by your depth in building the world of Dinotopia and so much more. Can't wait!