7/31/2009

Okay, Kaiba




I don't check out anime all that much, but when it's really, really, I mean REALLY good, well, then I gotta give a shout out. There's been an awful lot of good stuff and then there's been an awful lot of bad stuff, but that's the way it goes, you can't have one without the other to stand off from. I respect Kaiba for it's off-beat style and experimentation. It does have a sappy love story going on.... but I believe it's done quite well, exploring some interesting areas (body switching, timelessness, a somewhat memetic look at the human soul as memories or groups of them).

4 comments:

Elliot Cowan said...

Brian - this is terrific stuff.
I hope you are pursuing illustration work as well as animation...

Brian Elig said...

Thanks man! I'm in the process of making a comic and I'm looking into making a short animation (perhaps to compliment it). Still doing some soul searching these days.

M. Lauritano said...

Sweet studies, Brian. Keep it up!

Noah said...

Kaiba! I still need to watch all of this. Thanks for reminding me. It's got an awesome hat tip to Osamu Tezuka style.

Brian, please tell me you've seen Kemonozume, Yuasa's previous series...