11/20/2006

Editorial Weekend of Doom

From now on 72dpi! Okay, so I'm sorry I don't have the finished Elves piece for last week. Things have been very hectic obviously. This week's assignment was for Watershed Magazine. I chose to do one article and focus all my craft there. The art director was asking for a double-page portrait spread and I wanted to aim for it. I've never had anything published and I want to really work on this. I gave myself lots of time to refine a watercolor and gouche piece which I felt the article yearning for. I hope I didn't break my style by changing media. It might look that way... I don't know. What I do know is that I would not have been able to achieve this level of detail and opaqueness in this amount of time. It took me as much time to create the elves but this has waaaay more stuffs. More Blogging later...









2 comments:

Chris Buzelli said...

Wow! Beautiful.
I wouldn't worry about the medium changing your "style". Just worry about creating strong work.

noah said...

Brian this painting is looking great. I find your best work to contain the most details and an emphasis on curved lines. Nice.