7/14/2006

Sketchbooks Are Important (but you knew that already)

My goal this summer: complete 2 sketchbooks worth of crazy shit. So far, it looks as though I'll barely get through 1 though.
Here's some of my sketches, mostly various monsters and anything else that I'd like to gain reference from. I'd strongly recommend any young artist to keep a sketchbook with them at all times. It can be your friend, a teacher, a source of entertainment, or even your psychiatrist. Anyway, the key is to get those ideas down on paper before they evaporate forever and we wouldn't want that. On the other hand, if you're searching for ideas, the sketchbook is also great for constructing them practically out of thin air: a scribble here and a scribble there might reveal something interesting that you can render in detail later.




No comments: